- What are the payments and deposits for a rental?
- When can I pick up and return my rental?
- Who is eligible to drive the rental motorhome?
- What kind of insurance is on the rental?
- Am I allowed to tow anything with my RV rental?
- What is required for towing a trailer?
- Am I allowed to have pets?
- Is smoking allowed?
- Are there restrictions as to where I can take my rental?
- Are there one-way rentals?
- What is Pre-Paid cleaning?
- What is Pre-Paid dumping?
- Can I ship personal items to you for our vacation?
- What is the fuel policy?
- What about the generator?
An advance payment of 50% of the base reservation (with a $400 minimum) is required at the time of reservation to secure an RV for your trip. Cancellation insurance is available from a third party provider (Ask our vacation advisors for details). A separate, authorization only deposit is also required at departure. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, or personal check if received two weeks before departure.
RVs are due in by 11:00am in order for us to prep them for departure between 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Because of this a late fee of $50 per hour will be assessed for late returns. If your RV is available and ready for pick up, we will get you out as soon as possible. Exact pick up times are set within 7 days of your pick up date.
(Pick up and drop off times are based on availability and are more flexible during the off-season.)
Any licensed, adult driver 25 years of age or older who is currently covered under an auto insurance policy is eligible to drive a motorhome. If you are using our policy, a nominal fee may apply to add additional drivers. Ask your vacation advisor for details.
Your personal automobile policy may provide coverage for your RV Rental. This often will provide the best coverage with the limits you are comfortable with and provide a low security deposit of $500. Check with your agent to find out if your personal policy provides coverage.
If your policy does not provide insurance coverage for the RV, there are four options for you to choose from.
- No Charge: $2,000 damage deposit. $2,000 deductible. Provides state minimum liability requirements.
- $19.95 per day: $1000 damage deposit. $1,000 deductible. Provides state minimum liability requirements. Provides Loss of Use protection.
- $32.95 per day: $600 damage deposit. $600 deductible. Provides State minimum liability requirements. Provides Loss of Use protection. Includes up to $150/day incidental expense protection associated with RV break-down for incurred expenses such as hotels, rental car, meals, etc.
- $44.95 per day: $500 damage deposit. $500 deductible. Provides state minimum liability requirements. Provides Loss of Use protection. Includes up to $250/day incidental expense protection associated with RV break-down. 100% of tire replacement, rock chip and C-Class windshields are also covered. 50% of A-Class windshields are covered.
Many of our customers do have an umbrella liability policy that would provide coverage. If you do not and would like to increase your Liability coverage to $1 million instead of the state minimums you may pay an extra $12.95 per day. This can be added to any of the above mentioned options.
The security deposit is an authorization only on a VISA, MasterCard or Discover at the time of pick-up. This does not charge the card but does confirm the funds and holds the amount during the duration of your trip. If you are using one of our options, you can decide which one at the counter when you are picking up your RV.
Towing with the motorhome requires prior permission. Please request to tow at the time you book your reservation, a $35.00 towing charge will apply. THE MOTORHOME PROVIDES NO COLLISION OR LIABLILITY COVERAGE FOR DAMAGE TO THE TOWED OBJECT, OR FOR ANY THIRD PARTY INJURY CAUSED BY THE TOWED OBJECT.
The tow vehicle must have a Class III receiver, a brake control and a 7-way wiring plug in order to tow a travel trailer. The trailer tongue height is 17″-19″ off the ground and the trailer ball size will vary depending upon trailer size. Access RV has ball mounts available to rent for $9.00/trip and brake controls for $69.00/trip. This equipment fits most vehicles. Contact us for more specific information.
Small, domesticated pets are allowed in some of the motorhomes. An increased damage deposit and cleaning fee will apply. Ask your vacation advisor for details. Additional cleaning charges WILL apply for pet odor, hair, etc.
Smoking is NOT allowed in our rental units. A minimum $500.00 deodorizing fee WILL be charged for odor caused by smoking.
Motorhomes are to be limited for use on paved roads. Trips into Mexico are not permitted. Also, travel through extreme desert areas, such as Death Valley, during hot periods is not permitted. If you have questions, call your vacation advisor.
Yes, to limited cities. Rates are based on distance and vary depending on time of year. Miles to return the RV to its point of origin are the responsibility of the customer. Call your vacation advisor for details and pricing for your drop-off location.
For an optional fee of $89.00 we will do up to three hours of cleaning upon your return. Over the years, we have found most people do not have the facilities nor do they wish to cut their travel time short to perform this unpleasant task. Prepaid cleaning includes both inside and outside of the RV unit. So, let us do this for you!
For $48.00 we will dump, flush and sanitize the RV holding tanks. Again, lack of facilities and desire to perform this task has prompted us to offer this service. Our normal dumping charge is $56.00. Prepay and save!
Of course! Many of our out of town guests ship parcels to us before they arrive. Just ship it to yourself in care of Access RV at the address you are picking up from. We can also make sure your items are picked up when a call tag is provided.
Our fuel policy is very simple. Fuel is marked at time of delivery. If the fuel is less upon return, a $15.00 fuel fee will be added to the actual costs to return the fuel to its original level. Propane is available on-site and is full when picked up and is charged only for the amount used.
Motorhomes come with a generator so you can camp anywhere you want, with or without hook-ups. Generators are only needed when the RV is not plugged into shore power. The only items that require AC power is the overhead air conditioner, microwave, TV/DVD player and any item you would plug into a AC wall outlet. One free hour of generator is included for each day of your rental. Additional hours are charged at $5.95 per hour. Unlimited generator is available for $9.95 per day.